Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Reunion of Friends

Last Saturday July 3, I attended a reunion with my classmates from college. There were only 15 of us, but it was fun (actually "fun" is a weak description of our get-together). The last time most of us saw each other was way back in 1996. Imagine, more than a decade had passed since that time. What I can say, besides from the development of gray hair, change in body structure and of status we have not actually changed at all!

The get-together was formulated when a friend of ours posted a blurred class picture. When I saw the photos, I remembered that I also have the same class picture. So I scanned mine and posted it in Facebook and tagged those whom I know, and of course, to spare having a bad eye sight in the long run (no offense , you know who you are). Due to this posting, most of us tried to find other classmates in Facebook and in no time at all we have managed to reconnect with most of them and our circle of friends grew.

In a matter of just less than a week, comments flooded the photos. Right there and then there was an instant reunion in cyberspace. Even our professors whom we have not seen for a long time joined in the "commotion". It was one of our classmates who organized the reunion that resulted in boisterous laughter which lasted until the wee hours of the morning. We are hoping that in our next get-together more will attend. There was also a plan to use Skype or Yahoo Messenger for those who are out of the country.

It was a trip down memory lane. We have managed to bridged the chasm of social standing and geography all together.

2 comments:

  1. ei! you have a blog? mine's www.rsandarino.com. it used to be rsandarino.blogspot.com but I recently transfered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a newbie when it comes to blogging. :D

    ReplyDelete